Sunday, August 25, 2013

Turquoise Waterfall Vanity Makeover



This poor dear was screaming out to all who would listen that she wanted to live on....a makeover was more than necessary to satisfy her need for a new life!

Before and in need of some serious help!

I love the lines she has on the mirror...I can't wait to bring them to life!

She has beautiful bones!



















Someone had dropped her on the side and broke it....it was crushed about 2 inches up and there was no replacing the entire side so I had to come up with a plan......how do you fix a crushed piece of furniture?  Brace it!


I added a piece of trim to the outside and a piece of wood to the inside and I sandwiched it together hiding the crushed side in between and giving it stability.  The decorative trim I added is a piece I took from an old radio cabinet I stripped the hardware from....It looks a little weird but I promise you'll see the reason shortly ;)


The center veneer had come unglued - which I didn't notice until I started sanding - so it had to go!  But, again, I have a plan....

Little did I know my plan of action wasn't going to work with the veneer on the top side either....so it too had to go!









  The sides have their own eye candy!            Isn't it just perfect for her?!














She has new hardware and some gold highlights to compliment   her newfound beauty!

        





 

All of her best features 
have been highlighted and 
lowlighted and brought to life!









The fix for the missing veneer and adding some beauty to this amazing piece?!  High end vinyl that rivals any piece of leather!


She's complete and ready for a new home!  Miss Anne Marie (Yes - she demanded a stately name!) 


And please ignore the neighbor's cars and trash......I was so excited I couldn't wait to take pics and this was the best my yard allowed!  :)

We have more great makeovers on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/primdragonfly or Facebook at www.facebook.com/primitivedragonfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment